Tuesday, July 20, 2010

YAY COLBEY!

Well, today was the day! We met up with Miss Heidi today at the mall to do some public access training, and COLBEY did great! Heidi was very pleased with her. We only had one issue when we got there...she started to growl at someone as we walked around the corner. I think the person caught COLBEY off guard and that is why she had a bad reaction. Heidi and I immediately corrected her, and she got the idea. We passed by that same person again after and she did just fine. Otherwise, the rest of the trip went perfect. COLBEY got to experience a game store, J.C. Penney, Bath & Body Works, and we even walked around the food court and sat there. COLBEY had great body language, we did some commands out in the middle of the mall, which she did not mind at all, and had some things drop on the floor for her to "leave it". We spent about an hour an a half at the mall, so we took 2 long breaks to let her calm down from everything. I was so happy she did so well. I was a bit worried because she has been kind of bad lately...lol..she is just going through that phase. So, we got to keep her vest! YAY!

After the mall excursion, we had to exchange cars and kids....I had an appointment with the oral surgean (I have to get my wisdom teeth taken out..yuck) with mom, and everyone else had to make a trip north to pick up some supplies for our bathroom being remodled (like we need more chaos in our life). So, I had to take COLBEY into the appointment with me even though I wanted her to be able to relax the rest of the day. Fortunately, she was so tired she basically slept the entire time we were there except to walk in, and walk from the waiting room th the exam room. All in all, GREAT DAY. We will be doing alot of short, low key, public outings to get COLBEY all good. :]
All for now,
Olivia and COLBEY

No comments:

Post a Comment